'Skins,' 'Singularity' Actors Join Supernatural Thriller 'Beautiful Creatures'
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert are in final negotiations to join Alcon's big-screen adaptation of the Kami Garcia-Margaret Stohl novel.
Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert are in final negotiations to star in Beautiful Creatures, Alcon’s adaptation of a novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Richard LaGravanese adapted the book, the first in a series, and is directing. Warner Bros., which has an output deal with Alcon, is releasing the movie.
Set in the South, Creatures centers on two high school teens who must confront a curse that has haunted the girl's family for generations.
The two actors join Viola Davis, who was previously cast in the project.
Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove are producing, as is Erwin Stoff and Molly Smith.
O’Connell, repped by Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd., appeared in the British TV series Skins as well as movies such as the Michael Caine-starrer Harry Brown and the Australian horror movie Eden Lake, which featured then-rising actor Michael Fassbender.
Englert is a relative newcomer to the acting scene but has managed to snag CAA representation. She is the daughter of filmmakers Jane Campion and Colin Englert and recently wrapped filming on Singularity starring Josh Hartnett and Neve Campbell.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!