Ben Affleck, Matt Damon to Produce 'Sleeper' Adaptation for Warner Bros.
"Shield" creator Shawn Ryan is one of the writers that will be tackling the adaptation of the Ed Brubaker comic.
Sleeper, Warner Bros.' long-in-development adaptation of the Ed Brubaker DC Entertainment/Vertigo comic, is waking up once more.
Originally developed as a vehicle for Tom Cruise with Sam Raimi and Josh Donen producing, Sleeper will now be produced by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Jennifer Todd.
Additionally, Shawn Ryan, creator of the acclaimed cop drama The Shield, and David Wiener, a writer and playwright whose credits include AMC's gritty cop show The Killing, are attached to write the screenplay.
Sleeper, which ran from 2003 to 2005 and had art by Sean Phillips, centers on an operative whose fusion with an alien artifact makes him impervious to pain. He is placed undercover in a villainous organization by an intelligence agency and falls for a member of the group named Miss Misery.
The comic featured characters from WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13.
Lynn Harris is supervising for the studio.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!