Ben Affleck, Matt Damon to Produce 'Sleeper' Adaptation for Warner Bros.
"Shield" creator Shawn Ryan is one of the writers that will be tackling the adaptation of the Ed Brubaker comic.
Sleeper, Warner Bros.' long-in-development adaptation of the Ed Brubaker DC Entertainment/Vertigo comic, is waking up once more.
Originally developed as a vehicle for Tom Cruise with Sam Raimi and Josh Donen producing, Sleeper will now be produced by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Jennifer Todd.
Additionally, Shawn Ryan, creator of the acclaimed cop drama The Shield, and David Wiener, a writer and playwright whose credits include AMC's gritty cop show The Killing, are attached to write the screenplay.
Sleeper, which ran from 2003 to 2005 and had art by Sean Phillips, centers on an operative whose fusion with an alien artifact makes him impervious to pain. He is placed undercover in a villainous organization by an intelligence agency and falls for a member of the group named Miss Misery.
The comic featured characters from WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13.
Lynn Harris is supervising for the studio.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR