Ben Affleck, Matt Damon to Produce 'Sleeper' Adaptation for Warner Bros.
"Shield" creator Shawn Ryan is one of the writers that will be tackling the adaptation of the Ed Brubaker comic.
Sleeper, Warner Bros.' long-in-development adaptation of the Ed Brubaker DC Entertainment/Vertigo comic, is waking up once more.
Originally developed as a vehicle for Tom Cruise with Sam Raimi and Josh Donen producing, Sleeper will now be produced by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Jennifer Todd.
Additionally, Shawn Ryan, creator of the acclaimed cop drama The Shield, and David Wiener, a writer and playwright whose credits include AMC's gritty cop show The Killing, are attached to write the screenplay.
Sleeper, which ran from 2003 to 2005 and had art by Sean Phillips, centers on an operative whose fusion with an alien artifact makes him impervious to pain. He is placed undercover in a villainous organization by an intelligence agency and falls for a member of the group named Miss Misery.
The comic featured characters from WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13.
Lynn Harris is supervising for the studio.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues