Benedict Cumberbatch Joining Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Charlie Hunnam is also starring in the gothic horror story.
Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Emma Stone and Charlie Hunnam in Guillermo del Toro’s haunted house thriller Crimson Peak.
Legendary Pictures is behind the movie, which has a February 2014 start.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband might not be whom he appears to be.
Details on who is playing whom were not revealed.
Del Toro wrote the script with Matthew Robbins; Lucinda Coxon recently did a rewrite.
Cumberbatch is proving to be in great demand, largely due to his stellar and acclaimed work in Sherlock, which has caught the eyes of filmmakers stateside, leading to several high-profile gigs. He stars as the villain in next month’s Star Trek Into Darkness and is currently filming The Fifth Estate, DreamWorks’ Wikileaks movie in which he is portraying Julian Assange.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game