Benedict Cumberbatch Joining Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Charlie Hunnam is also starring in the gothic horror story.
Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Emma Stone and Charlie Hunnam in Guillermo del Toro’s haunted house thriller Crimson Peak.
Legendary Pictures is behind the movie, which has a February 2014 start.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband might not be whom he appears to be.
Details on who is playing whom were not revealed.
Del Toro wrote the script with Matthew Robbins; Lucinda Coxon recently did a rewrite.
Cumberbatch is proving to be in great demand, largely due to his stellar and acclaimed work in Sherlock, which has caught the eyes of filmmakers stateside, leading to several high-profile gigs. He stars as the villain in next month’s Star Trek Into Darkness and is currently filming The Fifth Estate, DreamWorks’ Wikileaks movie in which he is portraying Julian Assange.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet