Benjamin Walker in Talks to Join 'The Great Wall'
The "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star will join '"Man of Steel" star Henry Cavill in Legendary's supernatural tale about the Great Wall of China.
Benjamin Walker, the star of Fox’s upcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, is in negotiations to star opposite Henry Cavill in The Great Wall, being directed by Ed Zwick.
Legendary Pictures’ Asian division Legendary East is behind the movie, which was conceived by Legendary CEO Thomas Tull and World War Z author Max Brooks.
The story puts the construction of the China’s Great Wall through a supernatural lens: Cavill and Walker will play British soldiers who are traveling through 15th century China and witness the construction of the massive project that will one day be the Wall. They soon discover that the Mongols it is intended to keep out are not human beings but terrifying creatures.
Warner Bros will distribute the movie, which is eyeing a fall start.
Walker is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR