Berlin: 'Sly Cooper' Video Game to Get Film Adaptation (Exclusive)
Rainmaker Entertainment and Blockade Entertainment are looking toward an early 2016 release for the 3D CG-animated feature.
Sly Cooper, the popular video game series about an orphaned raccoon thief, is getting the film treatment.
Animation studio Rainmaker Entertainment and indie production company Blockade Entertainment are teaming up to create a 3D CG-animated feature based on the popular video game. They're looking toward an early 2016 release.
The film is written and directed by Kevin Munroe (TMNT) and produced by Blockade’s CEO Brad Foxhoven and vp development David Wohl, along with Rainmaker’s Kim Dent Wilder. Rainmaker president Michael Hefferon is serving as executive producer.
The story will follows the titular character, who, along with his childhood best friends Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo, races to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding his family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk -- an evil Russian owl bent on destroying the Cooper family line.
Sly Cooper marks the second film being produced by Rainmaker and Blockade that's based on a video game series. They're currently in production on a film adaptation of the popular adventure series Ratchet & Clank. Both films are being represented internationally by Cinema Management Group, which will be showing footage from the films at the European Film Market in Berlin in February.
The Sly Cooper video game was originally launched in September 2002, and has gone on to spawn four full-featured games spanning PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita (hand-held entertainment system), a comic book series, as well as various merchandise over the past 10 years.
Co‐financing was arranged by Film Financial Services, including its main partner in China, Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation, as the lead investor in the film. Rainmaker is also an investor.
Watch the movie's teaser trailer below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!