Universal Picks Up Bermuda Triangle Movie Project from 'Smallville' Showrunners
Scott Stuber is attached to produce the project from Alfred Gough and Miles Millar.
Universal is hoping to shed some light on the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, picking up a pitch with superpowered scribe team Alfred Gough and Miles Millar on board to write.
Scott Stuber, who produced Universal's hit Safe House and also is behind the studio's summer tentpole Battleship, is attached to produce.
No details are being revealed other than it is an original idea from Stuber centered on the infamous Caribbean area traditionally cornered by the Florida Straits, Bermuda and Puerto Rico. The area has been home to a several unusual disappearances attributed to supernatural or alien origins.
Gough and Millar will now write the script.
The duo are best known for developing and showrunning Smallville but also have worked in features, working on Shanghai Noon and Spider-Man 2. They are developing an adaptation of the young-adult book Homelanders, set up at Summit, which may act as their directorial debut.
Gough and Millar are repped by CAA and attorney Michael Gendler.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)