Bill Nighy to Star Opposite Colin Farrell in 'Total Recall' Remake (Exclusive)
The Columbia film also stars Bryan Cranston, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.
Bill Nighy is in negotiations to join the cast of Total Recall, Columbia’s Colin Farrell-led remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger action movie.
The film, which starts shooting in June in Toronto and will be directed by Len Wiseman, also stars Bryan Cranston as the villain, and Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel as the female leads. Ethan Hawke is on board for a cameo.
The movie ditches the Martian storyline from the original pic and instead involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai. Farrell plays Douglas Quaid, a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy — although he doesn't know for which side.
Nighy will play Quatto, the leader of the resistance. (In the 1990 movie, the character, called Kuato, was played by Marshall Bell with the conceit that the leader was actually a small mutant living off the human.)
Nighy has made a name in the geek community playing a vampire ruler in the Underworld movies and Davy Jones in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. He can next be seen on the big screen as Minister Rufus Scrimgeour in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
Nighy is repped by WME, Markham, Froggatt & Irwin and Jackoway Tierman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR