Bill Paxton in Talks to Join Tom Cruise in 'All You Need Is Kill'
Doug Liman is directing the Warner Bros. movie about a soldier caught in a time loop.
Bill Paxton is in negotiations to join Tom Cruise in All You Need is Kill, a sci-fi action movie at Warner Bros.
Doug Liman is directing the movie, which sees Cruise as a raw recruit who gets killed in action but, in Groundhog Day fashion, is reborn each day to fight and die again and again. He begins trying to train himself to be a better soldier in hopes of changing his fate.
Paxton would play a tough-as-nails platoon sergeant described in the script as “a living piece of leather.”
Emily Blunt is on board as a fellow soldier who has figured out the time loop.
Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally and Jason Hoffs are producing. Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio.
A fall shoot in London is scheduled.
WME-repped Paxton is heading into this Emmy weekend with a nomination for History channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. He recently wrapped a turn in 2 Guns, the upcoming Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg action movie.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)