B.J. Novak Joins 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Director Marc Webb tweeted a photo of "The Office" star on set, writing "Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp?"
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 already boasts Oscar winners Jamie Foxx and Chris Cooper as series newcomers, and now it can count a former paper company temp among its ranks.
Former The Office star B.J. Novak has joined The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in an unspecified role, according to a tweet from director Marc Webb. Webb, who has been sharing photos from the set over Twitter since production began Feb. 6, tweeted Thursday “A supposed rumor about a Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp?” along with a photo of Novak.
— Marc Webb (@MarcW) March 28, 2013
Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to last summer’s hit, is scheduled to swing into theaters May 2, 2014. Andrew Garfield reprises his role as the webslinger, with Emma Stone returning as Gwen Stacy and Sally Field as Aunt May.
Cooper is playing Norman Osborn, who in the comics and in the original film trilogy heads Oscorp and becomes the villainous Green Goblin. Foxx is signed on to play the villain Electro, with Paul Giamatti as the Rhino.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Novak’s rep seeking more details on the role.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR