B.J. Novak's 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Character Revealed
"The Office" alum will play Alistair Smythe, the son of the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots in the comic books.
Could B.J. Novak someday find himself playing a Spider-Man supervillian?
Novak will play Alistair Smythe, who in the comic books is the son of Spencer Smythe, the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots. Alistair goes on to be a pain in Spider-Man's side as well, carrying on his father's work after Spencer's death.
Novak, who played Ryan Howard on NBC's The Office, is poised to release a debut collection of short stories, One More Thing, in stores Tuesday.
Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 stars Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), Jamie Foxx (Electro), Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn), Paul Giamatti (Rhino) and Chris Cooper (Norman Osborn).
The film hits theaters May 2, and released a Super Bowl spot Sunday teasing the sequel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR