B.J. Novak's 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Character Revealed
"The Office" alum will play Alistair Smythe, the son of the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots in the comic books.
Could B.J. Novak someday find himself playing a Spider-Man supervillian?
Novak will play Alistair Smythe, who in the comic books is the son of Spencer Smythe, the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots. Alistair goes on to be a pain in Spider-Man's side as well, carrying on his father's work after Spencer's death.
Novak, who played Ryan Howard on NBC's The Office, is poised to release a debut collection of short stories, One More Thing, in stores Tuesday.
Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 stars Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), Jamie Foxx (Electro), Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn), Paul Giamatti (Rhino) and Chris Cooper (Norman Osborn).
The film hits theaters May 2, and released a Super Bowl spot Sunday teasing the sequel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong