B.J. Novak's 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Character Revealed
"The Office" alum will play Alistair Smythe, the son of the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots in the comic books.
Could B.J. Novak someday find himself playing a Spider-Man supervillian?
Novak will play Alistair Smythe, who in the comic books is the son of Spencer Smythe, the inventor of the Spider Slayer robots. Alistair goes on to be a pain in Spider-Man's side as well, carrying on his father's work after Spencer's death.
Novak, who played Ryan Howard on NBC's The Office, is poised to release a debut collection of short stories, One More Thing, in stores Tuesday.
Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 stars Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), Jamie Foxx (Electro), Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn), Paul Giamatti (Rhino) and Chris Cooper (Norman Osborn).
The film hits theaters May 2, and released a Super Bowl spot Sunday teasing the sequel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR