EXCLUSIVE: 'Black Swan' Scribe Tapped to Write 'Age of Rage' for Marc Webb
Mark Heyman closes a deal to pen the sophisticated sci-fi project.
The Oscar-nominated Black Swan continues to pay dividends for exec-turned-ascending scribe Mark Heyman.
Heyman, who shares Swan screenwriting credit with John McLaughlin and Andres Heinz, has closed a deal to write Age of Rage, a sophisticated sci-fi project set up at Fox Searchlight with Marc Webb attached to direct. Mason Novick, who worked with Webb on (500) Days of Summer, is producing with Webb.
Heyman began his career as an assistant to Darren Aronofsky before moving on as a senior vp at Aronofsky’s Protozoa Pictures.
His predisposition for what is termed “elevated genre” has already landed him a gig adapting the cybernetic thriller Machine Man, set up at Mandalay, that would reunite him with Aronofsky.
Rage is set in a post-apocalyptic society where all the adults have died and a group of teens sets about trying to establish a new society.
Webb is in the thick of Spider-Man shooting and hasn’t made any decisions of his post-Spidey moves. But Rage is close to the director’s heart as it’s based on his idea.
Heyman is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR