'Blair Witch' Filmmaker Sells Creepy Thriller to Radar Pictures (Exclusive)
Ted Field's Radar Pictures has picked up "Under the Bed," which Daniel Myrick wrote and will direct.
Radar Pictures has picked up Under the Bed, a creepy indie thriller from The Blair Witch Project’s Daniel Myrick.
The script is purportedly inspired by true events in which a stalker took up residence underneath the bed of his female target, subtly manipulating her life until ultimately revealing his presence.
Myrick wrote the script and will direct.
Ted Field and Mike Weber will produce with Shawn Papazian and Richard Halpern. Tom van Dell, Eustace Hicks and Aldo LaPietra are exec producing.
Radar will employ the same method of financing it used for its hit from earlier this year, Spring Breakers, and represent the flm’s domestic rights on behalf of the financiers. The company last made the Vin Diesel sci-fi action movie Riddick.
Radar and Myrick are planning to move quickly and will begin casting immediately. Sources say Radar is also in talks with domestic partners.
Myrick co-wrote and co-directed the 1999 horror sensation The Blair Witch Project with Eduardo Sanchez. He directed and co-wrote several thrillers, the last one being the 2008 horror thriller The Objective, about a special ops group facing evil in Afghanistan.
Myrick is repped by APA and Media Talent Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed