'Boardwalk Empire' Actor in Negotiations to Join 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
If a deal makes, Michael Kenneth Williams will play the cop partner to Joel Kinnaman.
Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.
Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.
Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.
Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack