'Boardwalk Empire' Actor in Negotiations to Join 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
If a deal makes, Michael Kenneth Williams will play the cop partner to Joel Kinnaman.
Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.
Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.
Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.
Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'