'Boardwalk Empire' Actor in Negotiations to Join 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
If a deal makes, Michael Kenneth Williams will play the cop partner to Joel Kinnaman.
Boardwalk Empire actor Michael Kenneth Williams is in negotiations to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
The movie is gearing up for a September start in Toronto and has amassed a line up that includes Joel Kinnaman as the title hero, Hugh Laurie as the villain, plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley.
Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film.
Williams will play the partner to Kinnaman’s police officer Alex Murphy who is tight with Murphy’s family.
Williams garnered acclaim starring in HBO’s The Wire, recurred on NBC’s Community, and is currently shooting Twelve Years a Slave, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. On Empire, he plays racketeer Chalky White.
Williams is repped by The Collective.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!