Boom! Studios Expands Exec Lineup as Company Moves to Fox Lot (Exclusive)
Stephen Christy has been named president of development, while Adam Yoelin has been tapped as senior vp film.
With Boom! Studios officially opening its doors on the Fox lot, per its first-look deal with the studio, the company has promoted one key player and hired an executive to make moves in the screened entertainment space.
Stephen Christy, who was the editor-in-chief of Boom! imprint Archaia Entertainment, has been named president of development. He will now oversee all film, television, web and animation projects in development across all four of the company’s brands: the core BOOM! label, as well as Archaia, KaBOOM! and BOOM! Box imprints.
Christy, who won Archaia multiple Eisner Awards under his tenure, will continue to report directly to BOOM! founder and CEO Ross Richie.
Meanwhile, Adam Yoelin has been hired as senior vp film and will focus on the growing feature slate as the company begins to funnel its comics and graphic novels for development at studio divisions such as Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 and Fox Animation.
Yoelin previously was at the Flynn Picture Co., run by producer Beau Flynn, and oversaw and acted as executive producer on the upcoming Miles Teller movie Two Night Stand and co-producer on the upcoming Solace, a thriller starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell. Prior to that he was vp development at Kennedy/Marshall.
He will report to Christy.
"This expansion is key to our evolution,” said Richie. He also called Yoelin “an invaluable, powerful addition to BOOM!'s arsenal. His background and experience in the feature film world complements BOOM!'s existing expertise in comic book and graphic novel publishing, furthering our goal of successfully guiding the translation of our catalog into motion pictures."
Boom! is currently in development on Rust, an adaptation of Archaia’s Royden Lepp graphic novel that has Carlos Saldanha (Rio) attached to direct and set up at Fox. Fox 2000 is adapting Aline Brosh McKenna's graphic novel Rochester.
Boom! also is busy at other studios: it has vampire comic Day Men set up at Universal, while Unthinkable is housed at Fox TV.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum