Boom! Studios Rushes 'Dead Letters' to Second Printing
The first issue of the supernatural noir series is getting a second print after selling out at the distributor level within a week of release.
The first issue of Dead Letters, Boom! Studios' new supernatural noir series from Christopher Sebela and Chris Visions, is being rushed back to print after it unexpectedly sold out, the publisher has announced.
Centering around an amnesiac who wakes up in a motel room pursued by men who apparently want to kill him, Dead Letters has been acclaimed by fans, creators and critics alike -- in large part because of a last-page twist that is too good to reveal here.
"I'll be uncharacteristically brazen and just say this book is flat-out too good not to sell out" said editor-in-chief Matt Gagnon. "We're so proud of this series. It reflects everything we love about making comics. Dead Letters is an elevated, 4-color howitzer of genre fiction from two future stars who are showing us what they're made of. This is what we strive for at Boom!. And we're so happy retailers and readers have responded the way they have."
The second printing will feature a new cover by Artyom Trakhanov, and be released to comic book stores May 7 (Digital editions of the first issue are currently available). The second issue of the series will be released May 28.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign