Boom! Studios Sets '2 Guns' Comics Sequel (Exclusive)
The new "3 Guns" title will hit newsstands when Universal's movie, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahberg, lands in theaters.
The movie 2 Guns isn’t even out yet, but there’s already a sequel in the works.
In this case, however, it’s a comic sequel.
Boom! Studios is set to publish 3 Guns, a sequel to 2 Guns, the comic that is the basis for Universal’s action movie starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg.
Creator Steven Grant is back as writer as is original cover artist Rafael Albuquerque. Joining them is Hack/Slash artist Emilio Laiso.
The plan is for the first issue of the six issue miniseries to hit stands around the same time as the movie, which opens Aug. 2.
2 Guns came out of Grant’s research on undercover cops -- his original idea centered around a sting operation executed by undercover agents with competing interests. That eventually narrowed to a story featuring two undercover agents -- one DEA, one Naval Intelligence -- who run afoul of feds and mobsters.
The new story, Grant says, “comes off the events of 2 Guns. The guys haven’t seen each other and are on the outs with their agencies. They both independently end up on opposite sides of a deal going down with Russian weapons manufacturers and anti-government revolutionaries."
Complicating matters is the arrival of a third "gun," which is short for gunman. And the new gun is a she.
“If we keep this up, we’ll get to my original idea of all undercover cops,“ he says laughing.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!