'Bourne Legacy' Trailer: Jeremy Renner Fights for His Life in the Shadow of Jason Bourne (Video)
Universal's fourth film in the action franchise opens in theaters August 3.
“You think Jason Bourne is the whole story? There’s a lot more going on here.”
What’s going on is Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner), the heir apparent to the Jason Bourne action franchise.
The first full trailer for The Bourne Legacy reveals that just because Matt Damon isn’t in the movie, doesn’t mean that his character’s shadow isn’t all over the film.
The premise of the film seems to be that Edward Norton’s villain wants to wipe out all of the genetically modified killers that could lead to Jason Bourne-type disasters. This forces Renner’s Cross to run for it, rescuing a beautiful scientist (Rachel Weisz) along the way.
For Bourne fans looking for action, the trailer promises plenty of it, but we have yet to see any real quiet character moments. Tony Gilroy replaces Paul Greengrass as director for the fourth installment in the franchise.
In an April cover interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Renner talked to THR about the toughest scenes in the film. The most difficult thing was “being sick: I had to degrade to near death in the movie, where I had to shake for many minutes, and it looks like it’s nothing, but when it’s over I was more sore than I was the entire shoot.”
Gilroy called Renner’s performance “very explosive.” “This is the highest degree of difficulty, emotionally and physically,” he added.
Also starring Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, The Bourne Legacy hits theaters August 3.
Watch the full trailer below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jennifer Lopez Poses In A Bikini For Leah Remini
- FXX Will Make Every ‘Simpsons' Episode Available Online After Full Series Marathon
- Seth Meyers Finds Out What His Writers Really Think Of Him In 'Seth's Affirmations'
- Billy Bob Thornton On Our Obsession With Failure, Reality TV And 'Cupcake Wars' (VIDEO)