Brad Pitt WWII Thriller 'Fury' to Hit Theaters November 2014
Sony has picked up distribution rights to the David Ayer-helmed project.
Sony Pictures has won the coveted distribution rights to Fury, the David Ayer World War II tank movie with Brad Pitt attached to star, setting a Nov. 14, 2014, release date.
The project hails from QED, which wanted to cement its relationship with Ayer after working with the filmmaker on Ten, the Arnold Schwarzenegger crime thriller that is due out early next year.
Pitt came on board last week and his involvement sent the project’s hotness meter soaring.
Fury is set in the waning days of World War II’s European theater and revolves around the five-man crew of an American tank named Fury that runs across a desperate German division. Pitt will play a battle-hardened sergeant named Wardaddy.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)