Bradley Cooper Replacing Jude Law in 'Jane Got a Gun'
Gavin O'Connor is directing the Natalie Portman-led Western that has lost actors and a director.
Bradley Cooper is putting on a black hat for Jane Got a Gun, the Western revenge story that ran into a spell of trouble a few weeks back when it lost its director the day before shooting was to begin.
Cooper will play the villain role that was vacated by Jude Law, who departed the project after the original director, Lynne Ramsay, abruptly left over creative and contract issues.
Gavin O’Connor is now directing the movie, in production in New Mexico.
Natalie Portman stars as a woman whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds. When her husband’s gang eventually tracks him down to finish him off, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask if he will help defend her farm.
Joel Edgerton, whose face is all over the new Great Gatsby trailer, is playing the ex-lover.
Cooper is in the middle of shooting David O. Russell’s untitled movie, once named American Bullshit, that is loosely inspired by the true-life Abscam sting of the late 1970s and early ’80s.
Sources say the actor will shoot his parts at a later date.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR