'Breaking Dawn' at Comic-Con: 5 Quotes From Hall H
Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and director Bill Condon talk about the birth and honeymoon scenes.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 stars Kristen Stewart, Rob Pattinson, Taylor Lautner and director Bill Condon took the stage at Comic-Con's famous Hall H Thursday afternoon. Two scenes and a trailer were played from the hotly anticipated vampire franchise, which hits theaters in November.
Read our full panel coverage here, and the five most memorable quotes below:
1. Pattinson talking about filming his honeymoon in Brazil through monsoon-like rains, which made getting into the mood tough: "It felt like having a honeymoon in England, playing board games instead of making love on the beach." (Via The Hollywood Reporter)
2. Pattinson on Stewart giving birth: "The birth scene is so different from everything else in the movie. For a fantasy series it goes quite far. It's hardcore, it's graphic. There's no other way to do it. It was fun," (via HitFix.com).
3. Stewart on the birth scene: "She’s literally choking on blood she’s been drinking, literally out of her mind. It was always in my head that she’s been able to fight harder than anyone because of that little bit in her, literally. And at that part I got to play with having venom run through your veins and start to feel the hell that that is, and that’s after a moment of sheer exuberance of looking at your baby for the first time." (via iVillage)
4. Pattinson on playing Edward: "You never really get to play Edward in a way that he's literally so aware of his own helplessness. Either he's completely in control or pretends he is, but here there's no on else around, and there's nothing he can do and he's just desperate. Normally when that happens, Bella comes in and saves the day. But Bella isn't there ... he's totally annihilated by the situation" (via Moviefone)
5. Condon on the final two films in the vampire franchise: “Breaking Dawn turns into a horror movie." The director got his start helming scary made-for-TV movies like Murder 101, Dead in the Water and The Man Who Wouldn't Die. (via THR)
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!