Britt Robertson Lands Key Role in George Clooney's 'Tomorrowland'
The "Under the Dome" actress will co-star with Clooney and Hugh Laurie in Brad Bird's movie for Disney.
Actress Britt Robertson has been cast in a lead role in Disney's high-profile George Clooney adventure Tomorrowland.
Robertson (Under the Dome, Delivery Man) will play a high school girl with an unconventional understanding of technology who is launched on a journey to reclaim her future. THR previously reported that Robertson was one of two finalists for the role.
The film, which is set to hit theaters Dec.12, 2014, is being directed by Brad Bird, produced by Damon Lindelof and Bird, and written by Lindelof, Bird and Jeff Jensen.
Robertson joins a cast that already includes Clooney, Hugh Laurie, Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson.
She’s repped by Abby Bluestone at Innovative Artists.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences