Britt Robertson Lands Key Role in George Clooney's 'Tomorrowland'
The "Under the Dome" actress will co-star with Clooney and Hugh Laurie in Brad Bird's movie for Disney.
Actress Britt Robertson has been cast in a lead role in Disney's high-profile George Clooney adventure Tomorrowland.
Robertson (Under the Dome, Delivery Man) will play a high school girl with an unconventional understanding of technology who is launched on a journey to reclaim her future. THR previously reported that Robertson was one of two finalists for the role.
The film, which is set to hit theaters Dec.12, 2014, is being directed by Brad Bird, produced by Damon Lindelof and Bird, and written by Lindelof, Bird and Jeff Jensen.
Robertson joins a cast that already includes Clooney, Hugh Laurie, Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson.
She’s repped by Abby Bluestone at Innovative Artists.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'