Brittany Curran Cast as Female Lead in Thriller 'Backmask'
The film from "Conan the Barbarian" director Marcus Nispel was launched to foreign buyers at the Cannes Film Festival last month.
Brittany Curran has been cast as the female lead in the Marcus Nispel-directed thriller Backmask.
The movie centers on a group of teenagers that accidentally releases an evil spirit that starts to possess them one by one. Nispel, helmer of Friday the 13th (2009) and Conan the Barbarian (2011) is directing from a script by Kirsten Elms.
Steven Schneider (Insidious) is among the project's producers. Voltage Pictures shopped the film to buyers at the Cannes Film Festival last month. Production began in Rhode Island on June 4.
Curran recently wrapped the independent horror/thriller Captured, in which she had the lead role. She is best known for her role of “Lucy” on TNT’s Men of a Certain Age.
She is represented by UTA, Medavoy Management and attorney Mark S. Temple.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws