Bruce Campbell Says Yes to 'Army of Darkness 2'
"Burn Notice" actor teases fans by suggesting his character could "fight in a walker" and "hit [deadites] with my cane" in Sam Raimi's follow-up to the 1992 comedy.
Back in March, it was confirmed that director Sam Raimi was working on Army of Darkness 2, a follow-up to the 1992 medieval horror comedy movie that seemingly finished his Evil Dead series. The question on the minds of most fans of the series, however, would be whether or not Bruce Campbell would appear in the new movie. At this weekend's Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, he answered that question.
"I just haven't been racing to do it," Campbell admitted when asked if he'd be appearing in the new movie. That's putting it mildly; four years ago, the actor told the AV Club that "there should be an end to everything," and likened the idea of a fourth appearance as Ash Williams to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. "You are bound to disappoint," he said at the time. "I would rather disappoint with a brand-new original movie."
Of course, these things change. As Campbell told the Nashville audience with tongue in cheek, "I used to be busy. Now I'm not. That's why I'm here." That doesn't mean that he's not aware of the potential pitfalls of returning to the series 21 years after the previous installment. In fact, Campbell listed potential events caused by his character's advanced age (for an action hero, at least).
"Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath," he joked. "Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting." Warming to the theme, he continued, "Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it."
Finally, though, he gave the crowd what they -- and Evil Dead fans worldwide -- wanted to hear. "Alright sir, the answer is yes." Now all we need is for Raimi to tell us when we can expect such a return to greatness.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10