Bruce Willis Enters Negotiations to Play the Original Joe in 'G.I. Joe 2' (Exclusive)
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced action movie, which is bringing a mostly new cast to the franchise.
Bruce Willis in talks to join the cast of Paramount’s G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, with the veteran action actor marked to play the original Joe.
Willis, if a deal comes together, would play General Joe Colton, the man who in 1980s comic books starts the G.I. Joe strike team, called the ultimate freedom fighting force, and got the handle G.I. Joe.
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced action movie, which is bringing a mostly new cast to the franchise. Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson and RZA are among the recruits for the second film.
The movie begins shooting later this month in New Orleans. Paramount has staked out a June 29, 2012 release date.
Willis, whose last starring gig was the hit Summit action movie Red, most recently shot the thrillers Cold Light of Day, the Henry Cavill-starrer that is in post-production, as well as Looper, directed by Rian Johnson. Willis is repped by CAA.
Paramount to declined to comment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jennifer Lopez Poses In A Bikini For Leah Remini
- FXX Will Make Every ‘Simpsons' Episode Available Online After Full Series Marathon
- Seth Meyers Finds Out What His Writers Really Think Of Him In 'Seth's Affirmations'
- Billy Bob Thornton On Our Obsession With Failure, Reality TV And 'Cupcake Wars' (VIDEO)