Bruce Willis Enters Negotiations to Play the Original Joe in 'G.I. Joe 2' (Exclusive)
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced action movie, which is bringing a mostly new cast to the franchise.
Bruce Willis in talks to join the cast of Paramount’s G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, with the veteran action actor marked to play the original Joe.
Willis, if a deal comes together, would play General Joe Colton, the man who in 1980s comic books starts the G.I. Joe strike team, called the ultimate freedom fighting force, and got the handle G.I. Joe.
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced action movie, which is bringing a mostly new cast to the franchise. Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson and RZA are among the recruits for the second film.
The movie begins shooting later this month in New Orleans. Paramount has staked out a June 29, 2012 release date.
Willis, whose last starring gig was the hit Summit action movie Red, most recently shot the thrillers Cold Light of Day, the Henry Cavill-starrer that is in post-production, as well as Looper, directed by Rian Johnson. Willis is repped by CAA.
Paramount to declined to comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR