Bruce Willis to Star in Emmett/Furla's Sci-Fi Thriller 'Vice'
Emmett's wife, Ambyr Childers ("2 Guns," "Ray Donovan"), will co-star in the futuristic pic.
PARK CITY -- Bruce Willis has signed on to star in Emmett/Furla Films' Vice, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As THR previously reported, Emmett/Furla, the company behind the surprise hit Lone Survivor, recently picked up the hot sci-fi spec Vice by Andre Fabrizio and Jeremy Passmore.
The project will reteam the banner, run by Randall Emmett and George Furla, with the writers and star of The Prince, the Willis-toplined thriller that just wrapped shooting in Alabama. Adam Goldworm, also one of the producers on Prince, is back for Vice, producing via his company Aperture Entertainment. Emmett's wife, Ambyr Childers (2 Guns, Ray Donovan, Gangster Squad), will co-star.
Vice, which has been described as having a Westworld-meets-Grand Theft Auto vibe, is set on a resort in the future where the staff are lifelike synthetic beings and the rich can live out their darkest fantasies. The pseudo-paradise has an "anything goes" policy, given that the memories of the androids reset every night. One female staffer (Childers), however, suffers a glitch and is flooded with all her memories. Realizing the horror she has been made to suffer, she vows revenge. Willis will play the owner of the resort.
Emmet/Furla, which is financing the project, sees Vice as an action thriller and hopes to put a director on it soon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR