Bryan Singer Considering 'Haunted' New Property
"X-Men" and "Superman Returns" director's production company in talks with indie publisher Red 5 Comics over supernatural new comic series.
Apparently, being in control of Fox's X-Men franchise isn't enough comic book adventure for Bryan Singer. The X-Men: Days of Future Past producer and director is also reportedly circling upcoming independent release Haunted, from Red 5 Comics.
Haunted, written by Scott Chitwood with art by Danny Luckert, tells the story of Sarah McCallister, a loner in a world where the barriers between the "real" world and the spirit world have become very thin. "Imagine the end of Ghostbusters, but with the heroes failing and Gozer taking over the world," Chitwood explained.
Chitwood said that it was "very gratifying" for Singer's Bad Hat Harry production company to be looking into the book, calling the company "incredibly supportive and great to work with," although he didn't say whether the company was considering the project for television or movies.
Haunted, a four-issue series, launches in April 2014, with the first issue currently available for pre-order in comic book stores. A preview of the series will also be available in Atomic Robo and Friends FCBD 2014, Red 5's Free Comic Book Day release, on May 3.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip