Bryan Singer Explains Why He Got Involved in 'Future Past' (Video)
In a new promo video, the director talk about what made him sign up to helm this summer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
What does it take to bring the X-Men of two different eras together? 20th Century Fox has released a new featurette showing director Bryan Singer talking about what brought him back to the franchise for this summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
“For me, it’s sort of a personal opportunity to sort of reach into the past myself, reunite with old friends,” the director says about what made him wade back into the universe of Marvel’s children of the atom, adding that he also wanted to direct the cast of X-Men: First Class. The use of time travel in the movie, he explains, was a solution to the problem of using both casts in the same movie.
The 90-second video also features new footage from the mutant mashup movie, with both finished special effects and behind-the-scenes clips; particularly charming is James McAvoy excitedly pointing out Patrick Stewart on set. Watch the video below.
X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23.
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor