Bryan Singer Explains Why He Got Involved in 'Future Past' (Video)
In a new promo video, the director talk about what made him sign up to helm this summer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
What does it take to bring the X-Men of two different eras together? 20th Century Fox has released a new featurette showing director Bryan Singer talking about what brought him back to the franchise for this summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
“For me, it’s sort of a personal opportunity to sort of reach into the past myself, reunite with old friends,” the director says about what made him wade back into the universe of Marvel’s children of the atom, adding that he also wanted to direct the cast of X-Men: First Class. The use of time travel in the movie, he explains, was a solution to the problem of using both casts in the same movie.
The 90-second video also features new footage from the mutant mashup movie, with both finished special effects and behind-the-scenes clips; particularly charming is James McAvoy excitedly pointing out Patrick Stewart on set. Watch the video below.
X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)