CAA Signs Director of Toronto Hit 'Sleepless Night' (Exclusive)
Frederic Jardin directed and co-wrote the French action thriller now being remade by Warner Bros.
Yesterday Warner Bros. closed a deal to remake the French action thriller Sleepless Night.
Now, Frederic Jardin, who directed and co-wrote the movie that premiered during TIFF’s Midnight Madness, has signed with CAA for representation.
Night was one of the hits from Midnight Madness, and in a Die Hard meets Taken tone, follows a cop who, for all intents and purposes, is trapped in a pulsating nightclub trying to save his kidnapped son and locate a missing duffel bag filled with cocaine while being pursued by various drug dealers and Internal Affairs detectives. But despite all the action in the movie, Jardin focus was to make a film about fatherhood.
And after securing a complicated co-production agreement, shot the film using Canon 5-D cameras (which are photo cameras, not film cameras) in France, Luxembourg and Belgium.
Even before the movie finished screening, studios were lining up to grab remake rights, with Warners and producer Roy Lee ending up on top.
CAA had a strong showing at this year’s Midnight Madness. It made the sale for You’re Next, the horror movie that sold to Lionsgate after intense interest, and this week signed Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett, the film’s director and writer, for representation.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign