'Cabin Fever' Prequel to Be Directed By Comic Book Artist (Exclusive)
Comic book artist-turned-director Kaare Andrews is in final negotiations to direct Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, a sequel being made by U.S. and Dominican Republic-based producer, financier and distributor Indomina Group.
Patient Zero will tell the origin of the flesh-eating virus that was unleashed in the 2002 original, directed by Eli Roth. The new film follows the passengers of a cruise ship in the Caribbean that runs aground a research island. They must find a way to survive before the disease consumes them. Jake Wade Wall, who wrote the remake of The Hitcher, penned the script.
Original Cabin Fever producer Evan Astrowsky and hi Hypotenuse Pictures are producing the movie with Indomina. The plan is to segue this film into a second sequel, Cabin Fever: Outbreak. Indomina Group vice chairman and CEO Jasbinder Singh Mann is executive producing.
Filming will take place in the Dominican Republic.
Andrews, who grew up making Super 8 films, is best known as a writer and artist who worked on Marvel Comics’ The Incredible Hulk, Ultimate X-Men and Spider-Man: Reign. He is currently drawing covers for Marvel’s recently relaunched Ultimate line of comics.
He made his feature debut with the supernatural horror movie Altitude, which starred 90210’s Jessica Lowndes and was released by Anchor Bay, and is in post on the ABC’s of Death, a horror anthology featuring up-and-coming genre directors tackling each letter of the alphabet and building a story around that. Andrews’ entry is V is for Vagitus, a sci-fi horror movie.
He is repped by APA, Aperture Entertainment and Canadian agency Pacific Artists Management Inc.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack