'The Call' Villain to Star in Eadweard Muybridge Thriller (Exclusive)
Kyle Rideout and Josh Epstein, who were behind the Comic-Con Film Festival-winning short "Wait for Rain," are directing and producing, respectively.
Michael Eklund, the villain in this weekend’s surprise Halle Berry hit The Call, will star in an untitled psychological thriller centering on Eadweard Muybridge.
Muybridge was a world-famous 19th century photographer who took pictures of nude and deformed subjects, found fame with his landscape shots and pioneered motion photography by capturing animals and humans in action and let the way for motion pictures with his zoopraxiscope device. His personal life also was noteworthy: He killed his wife’s lover and received a justifiable homicide verdict.
Kyle Rideout is directing the indie movie, which is being produced by Josh Epstein. The duo also wrote the script, which is based on the play created by Electric Company Theatre.
Rideout and Epstein were behind Wait for Rain, a short which won best science fiction/fantasy at last year’s Comic-Con International Film Festival. They also made the playfully eerie short Hop the Twig, which won best short film in Canada on CBC’s Short Film Face Off. The Muybridge project will be their first feature.
The plan is to shoot this summer in Vancouver.
Eklund is repped by Greene and Associates and Red Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR