Cannes: Chris Pine, Amanda Seyfried, Chiwetel Ejiofor Starring in 'Z for Zachariah'
Tobey Maguire is one of the producers of the indie adaptation of the Robert C. O'Brien sci-fi classic.
Chris Pine, Amanda Seyfried, and Chiwetel Ejiofor are starring in Z For Zachariah, a post-apocalyptic feature that will be directed by Craig Zobel.
Tobey Maguire is producing via his Material Pictures banner along with the company’s senior vp Matthew Plouffe. Zik Zak Filmworks’ Skuli Malmquist, Thor Sigurjonsson and Palomar Pictures’ Joni Sighvatsson are also producing.
Zachariah is a psychological thriller, set after an apocalyptic event. It centers on a teenaged girl (Seyfried) who is seemingly the sole survivor until a scientist (Ejiofor) finds her farm, and the two fall in love. Another survivor, a young man (Pine), surfaces, complicating matters.
An August shoot is being planned.
Nissar Modi wrote the script, an adaptation of Robert C. O'Brien's classic science fiction novel.
Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Stephen Bannatyne are executive producing, along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.
Lotus is selling international territories at Cannes. CAA arranged financing for the project, and CAA and WME will co-represent domestic rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10