Cannes: Chris Pine, Amanda Seyfried, Chiwetel Ejiofor Starring in 'Z for Zachariah'
Tobey Maguire is one of the producers of the indie adaptation of the Robert C. O'Brien sci-fi classic.
Chris Pine, Amanda Seyfried, and Chiwetel Ejiofor are starring in Z For Zachariah, a post-apocalyptic feature that will be directed by Craig Zobel.
Tobey Maguire is producing via his Material Pictures banner along with the company’s senior vp Matthew Plouffe. Zik Zak Filmworks’ Skuli Malmquist, Thor Sigurjonsson and Palomar Pictures’ Joni Sighvatsson are also producing.
Zachariah is a psychological thriller, set after an apocalyptic event. It centers on a teenaged girl (Seyfried) who is seemingly the sole survivor until a scientist (Ejiofor) finds her farm, and the two fall in love. Another survivor, a young man (Pine), surfaces, complicating matters.
An August shoot is being planned.
Nissar Modi wrote the script, an adaptation of Robert C. O'Brien's classic science fiction novel.
Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Stephen Bannatyne are executive producing, along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.
Lotus is selling international territories at Cannes. CAA arranged financing for the project, and CAA and WME will co-represent domestic rights.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million