Cannes: 'Mad Men's' Elisabeth Moss Signs on to 'There Are Monsters'
The horror film, from writer-director Bryan Bertino ("The Strangers"), will be touted to international buyers by Embankment Films during Cannes.
Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss has signed on to play a scream queen in Bryan Bertino's horror film There Are Monsters.
Bertino’s script, billed by backers as an "emotionally gripping and visceral" horror film, follows a single mother and her terrified young daughter, who are trapped and tormented by a mysterious creature.
The film will be produced by American Hustle's Richard Suckle and Adrienne Biddle (Mockingbird).
U.K. sales and finance banner Embankment Films will tout the project to international buyers during the Marche du Film in Cannes.
Suckle is producing via his Atlas Entertainment banner alongside Biddle's Unbroken Pictures; Biddle also produced Bertino’s Mockingbird.
Sonny Mallhi, who executive produced Bertino’s 2008 horror hit The Strangers as well as House at the End of the Street and The Roommate, will serve as executive producer.
Pre-production is due to get underway in the fall.
Moss is represented by Gay Ribisi, WME and Independent Talent in the U.K., with UTA and Sloane Offer repping Bertino.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!