'Captain America: First Avenger' Sequel Release Date Set
The follow-up to last year's film is scheduled to hit theaters before the second "Amazing Spider-Man" movie in 2014.
A sequel to last year's Captain America: First Avenger will hit theaters April 4, 2014.
Walt Disney Studios, which will release the movie for Marvel Studios, announced the date Thursday. It puts the Captain America movie a month ahead of Sony's scheduled release of a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man on May 5, 2014.
Captain America, played by Chris Evans, also will be making an appearance as part of the team of superheroes who join forces in The Avengers, which Disney releases May 4.
The character will then move to a second movie as the headliner. Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed $369 million worldwide after its July release.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!