'Captain America: First Avenger' Sequel Release Date Set
The follow-up to last year's film is scheduled to hit theaters before the second "Amazing Spider-Man" movie in 2014.
A sequel to last year's Captain America: First Avenger will hit theaters April 4, 2014.
Walt Disney Studios, which will release the movie for Marvel Studios, announced the date Thursday. It puts the Captain America movie a month ahead of Sony's scheduled release of a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man on May 5, 2014.
Captain America, played by Chris Evans, also will be making an appearance as part of the team of superheroes who join forces in The Avengers, which Disney releases May 4.
The character will then move to a second movie as the headliner. Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed $369 million worldwide after its July release.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)