'Captain America: First Avenger' Sequel Release Date Set
The follow-up to last year's film is scheduled to hit theaters before the second "Amazing Spider-Man" movie in 2014.
A sequel to last year's Captain America: First Avenger will hit theaters April 4, 2014.
Walt Disney Studios, which will release the movie for Marvel Studios, announced the date Thursday. It puts the Captain America movie a month ahead of Sony's scheduled release of a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man on May 5, 2014.
Captain America, played by Chris Evans, also will be making an appearance as part of the team of superheroes who join forces in The Avengers, which Disney releases May 4.
The character will then move to a second movie as the headliner. Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed $369 million worldwide after its July release.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign