'Captain America: First Avenger' Sequel Release Date Set
The follow-up to last year's film is scheduled to hit theaters before the second "Amazing Spider-Man" movie in 2014.
A sequel to last year's Captain America: First Avenger will hit theaters April 4, 2014.
Walt Disney Studios, which will release the movie for Marvel Studios, announced the date Thursday. It puts the Captain America movie a month ahead of Sony's scheduled release of a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man on May 5, 2014.
Captain America, played by Chris Evans, also will be making an appearance as part of the team of superheroes who join forces in The Avengers, which Disney releases May 4.
The character will then move to a second movie as the headliner. Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed $369 million worldwide after its July release.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend