'Captain America' Teaser Reveals Latest Enemy: Poor Shield Upkeep
The new poster for next year's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' hints at future threats for Marvel Entertainment's Super Soldier.
By the time Captain America: The Winter Soldier rolls around, Earth's First Avenger will have dealt with Nazis, Hydra scientists, suspended animation and an alien invasion. But, as Marvel's new teaser poster for the movie reveals, he might have met his match this time around. Can even Captain America triumph over the forces of … bad paint jobs?!?
Don't get me wrong, I "get" it: The new poster shows a tarnished version of Cap's famous shield as a visual metaphor for his own tarnished legacy in a movie that not only features the movie debut of the Winter Soldier -- in comic book form, a new identity for a brainwashed Bucky, Cap's former sidekick who didn't die during WWII as initially believed but instead was programmed to become a deadly assassin by Lousy Commie Bums™ -- but also, according to rumors, corruption within Samuel L. Jackson's quasi-paramilitary organization SHIELD. On that level, the poster's works.
It's just that … for a first peek at a much-anticipated movie, a shot of a rusty shield is hardly the most scintillating thing to look at, let's be honest. Hopefully, the almost-inevitable sneak peek fans will see at Comic-Con will have more going for it than the threat of rust.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Are Married!