'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Directors to Return for Third Installment
Anthony and Joe Russo directed "Winter Soldier," which will open April 4.
With buzz for Captain America: The Winter Soldier building, Marvel Studios is taking the unusual step of locking in directors for a third Captain America movie.
Marvel is in early discussions to bring back Anthony and Joe Russo -- who are in post on Winter Soldier ahead of its April 4 release date -- into the director's chairs for the next installment.
No writer is hired yet but Marvel is hoping to keep the mojo of Winter Soldier going by having the Russos involved in the development of the story. The company usually waits for opening weekend box-office numbers before moving on hiring key creative talent, but its aggressive plans for its Phase Three slate as well as the strong early word on the movie have sparked the early overtures.
Chris Evans will be returning as the titular hero.
Marvel had no comment on development.
The Russos are repped by WME.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!