'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Directors to Return for Third Installment
Anthony and Joe Russo directed "Winter Soldier," which will open April 4.
With buzz for Captain America: The Winter Soldier building, Marvel Studios is taking the unusual step of locking in directors for a third Captain America movie.
Marvel is in early discussions to bring back Anthony and Joe Russo -- who are in post on Winter Soldier ahead of its April 4 release date -- into the director's chairs for the next installment.
No writer is hired yet but Marvel is hoping to keep the mojo of Winter Soldier going by having the Russos involved in the development of the story. The company usually waits for opening weekend box-office numbers before moving on hiring key creative talent, but its aggressive plans for its Phase Three slate as well as the strong early word on the movie have sparked the early overtures.
Chris Evans will be returning as the titular hero.
Marvel had no comment on development.
The Russos are repped by WME.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'