'Captain America's' Chris Evans: No Superheroes, I Was Watching 'Care Bears' and 'My Little Pony' (Video)
The actor talks with THR while promoting his new flick at Comic Con.
Chris Evans’ Captain America: The First Avenger hits theaters Friday. And while these days the star of the film has fully embraced his superhero persona, Evans admitted to The Hollywood Reporter that as a child, his games of make-believe were a little less…manly.
“To be completely honest, I was watching like Care Bears and like My Little Pony,” Evans said while hanging in THR’s Comic-Con lounge. But, he had his reasons for playing with the typically girl-centric toys. “I had older sisters, I had to, I had no choice.”
Not that the actor had never donned a cape before taking the Captain America role. “Every little kid threw a little bed sheet around their neck and ran around the backyard,” he explained.
To see the full interview (and get Evans’ workout tips) watch the video above.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!