'Captain America's' Chris Evans: No Superheroes, I Was Watching 'Care Bears' and 'My Little Pony' (Video)
The actor talks with THR while promoting his new flick at Comic Con.
Chris Evans’ Captain America: The First Avenger hits theaters Friday. And while these days the star of the film has fully embraced his superhero persona, Evans admitted to The Hollywood Reporter that as a child, his games of make-believe were a little less…manly.
“To be completely honest, I was watching like Care Bears and like My Little Pony,” Evans said while hanging in THR’s Comic-Con lounge. But, he had his reasons for playing with the typically girl-centric toys. “I had older sisters, I had to, I had no choice.”
Not that the actor had never donned a cape before taking the Captain America role. “Every little kid threw a little bed sheet around their neck and ran around the backyard,” he explained.
To see the full interview (and get Evans’ workout tips) watch the video above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR