Carla Gugino Joining Dwayne Johnson in 'San Andreas'
Brad Peyton is directing the disaster movie.
Carla Gugino has been chosen as the female lead opposite Dwayne Johnson in San Andreas, New Line's earthquake disaster movie.
Brad Peyton is directing the movie, which is being produced by Beau Flynn and Village Roadshow.
The plot involves "the Big One" hitting California, which forces a special ops firefighter (Johnson) and his ex-wife (Gugino) to make the treacherous journey from Los Angeles to San Francisco to rescue their daughter.
Gugino next will be seen in Wayward Pines, the mystery show being executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan.
She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!