Carla Gugino Joining Dwayne Johnson in 'San Andreas'
Brad Peyton is directing the disaster movie.
Carla Gugino has been chosen as the female lead opposite Dwayne Johnson in San Andreas, New Line's earthquake disaster movie.
Brad Peyton is directing the movie, which is being produced by Beau Flynn and Village Roadshow.
The plot involves "the Big One" hitting California, which forces a special ops firefighter (Johnson) and his ex-wife (Gugino) to make the treacherous journey from Los Angeles to San Francisco to rescue their daughter.
Gugino next will be seen in Wayward Pines, the mystery show being executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan.
She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)