Carrie Fisher Confirms 'Star Wars' Return
The actress says that she's going to rejoin the saga that made her famous.
Count Princess Leia in for another Star Wars adventure.
In an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, Carrie Fisher gave a simple "yes" when asked for confirmation over whether she would return for the newly-revived space opus. And while she isn't sure what her iconic warrior princess character will be doing all these years later, she does have some ideas of her own.
"She’s in an intergalactic old folks' home," she told the magazine with a laugh. "I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."
Last month, Mark Hamill, who played her iconic Jedi brother Luke Skywalker, said that he had discussed the original cast's return with franchise creator George Lucas, but was waiting to speak with new producer Kathleen Kennedy and screenwriter Michael Arndt.
"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character," he told Entertainment Tonight.
It has also been rumored that one of the spinoff films that Lucasfilm and Disney will make will focus on Han Solo's background.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR