'Carrie'-Inspired Coffee Shop Prank Goes Viral (Video)
The clip, masterminded by Sony to promote its Oct. 18 release, features an actress appearing to use telekinesis and scaring the daylights out of unsuspecting patrons.
Carrie is getting a 2013 makeover -- and that, apparently, includes a promotional viral video.
In a hidden-camera prank masterminded by Sony, an actress appears to use telekinetic powers to exact revenge on a clumsy coffee drinker. The video, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday and amassed nearly 1 million views over the course of the day, uses a fake wall, remote controlled tables and chairs, as well as spring-loaded books and artwork on the walls. When "Carrie" loses her cool in a New York City coffee shop, unsuspecting patrons scatter. Watch below.
"There are other people out there like me who can do what I can do," Chloe Grace Moretz, who plays the film's title character, says at the video's conclusion.
Carrie is set to hit theaters Oct. 18, co-starring Julianne Moore as Carrie's mother and Judy Greer as her nurturing gym teacher. Kimberly Peirce's adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel features a few modern twists, including the use of cell phones and social media in high school.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)