'Carrie'-Inspired Coffee Shop Prank Goes Viral (Video)
The clip, masterminded by Sony to promote its Oct. 18 release, features an actress appearing to use telekinesis and scaring the daylights out of unsuspecting patrons.
Carrie is getting a 2013 makeover -- and that, apparently, includes a promotional viral video.
In a hidden-camera prank masterminded by Sony, an actress appears to use telekinetic powers to exact revenge on a clumsy coffee drinker. The video, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday and amassed nearly 1 million views over the course of the day, uses a fake wall, remote controlled tables and chairs, as well as spring-loaded books and artwork on the walls. When "Carrie" loses her cool in a New York City coffee shop, unsuspecting patrons scatter. Watch below.
"There are other people out there like me who can do what I can do," Chloe Grace Moretz, who plays the film's title character, says at the video's conclusion.
Carrie is set to hit theaters Oct. 18, co-starring Julianne Moore as Carrie's mother and Judy Greer as her nurturing gym teacher. Kimberly Peirce's adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel features a few modern twists, including the use of cell phones and social media in high school.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack