'Carrie'-Inspired Coffee Shop Prank Goes Viral (Video)
The clip, masterminded by Sony to promote its Oct. 18 release, features an actress appearing to use telekinesis and scaring the daylights out of unsuspecting patrons.
Carrie is getting a 2013 makeover -- and that, apparently, includes a promotional viral video.
In a hidden-camera prank masterminded by Sony, an actress appears to use telekinetic powers to exact revenge on a clumsy coffee drinker. The video, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday and amassed nearly 1 million views over the course of the day, uses a fake wall, remote controlled tables and chairs, as well as spring-loaded books and artwork on the walls. When "Carrie" loses her cool in a New York City coffee shop, unsuspecting patrons scatter. Watch below.
"There are other people out there like me who can do what I can do," Chloe Grace Moretz, who plays the film's title character, says at the video's conclusion.
Carrie is set to hit theaters Oct. 18, co-starring Julianne Moore as Carrie's mother and Judy Greer as her nurturing gym teacher. Kimberly Peirce's adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel features a few modern twists, including the use of cell phones and social media in high school.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!