'Carrie' Trailer: Julianne Moore Traps Chloe Moretz in a Closet (Video)
Kimberly Peirce's remake of the 1976 horror classic features plenty of blood, fire and revenge.
Julianne Moore is one creepy mother.
With the first full trailer for Carrie, Kimberly Peirce's remake of the 1976 horror classic, finally debuting, we get a better idea of what we’re in for when it hits theaters in October.
Moore, playing Margaret White, is a standout in the trailer, opening the clip with her haunting singing, as her young daughter screams from the locked closet.
Kick-Ass star Chloe Moretz kicks ass in a whole different way as Carrie, a quiet girl whose life is made miserable by the mean girls at school. When Carrie discovers she’s got some special powers, it leads to a bloody massacre at prom.
Peirce's film – based on Stephen King's debut novel – seems to have all the scary qualities we were hoping for in a modern-day remake, and Moretz’s transition from meek high schooler to a pissed-off telekinetic rager covered in blood look very interesting.
The MGM/Screen Gems film will hit theaters Oct. 18, just before Halloween.
Watch the new trailer above.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'