Casey Affleck to Play Angel Gabriel in Legendary's 'Paradise Lost'
Feature film adaptation of John Milton's epic poem also stars Bradley Cooper and Djimon Hounsou.
Casey Affleck is in negotiations to star as the angel Gabriel in Paradise Lost, Legendary Pictures’ action-heavy adaptation of the John Milton’s epic poem
Alex Proyas is directing the movie, which focuses on the Lucifer rebelling against God, causing a war to break out between angels and demons. Bradley Cooper is set as Lucifer, while Ben Walker is portraying Seraphic Angel Michael. Also in the cast is Djimon Hounsou.
Gabriel, an angel with six wings, was created by God to serve as His messenger and initially to work alongside Michael for Lucifer. He and Michael team up to fight Lucifer.
Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing along with Vincent Newman.
The movie is eyeing a shoot in Sydney, Australia in January 2012.
Affleck, repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment, appears in Universal’s Ben Stiller comedy Tower Heist. He last appeared in The Killer Inside Me.
Follow Heat Vision
- From Eagles to Jersey Boys: Interviews with Irving Azoff and Bob Gaudio, Plus a John Mark Nelson Exclusive
- Producer Gary Janetti Talks New PBS Sitcom Vicious and LGBT Issues (AUDIO)
- Dog Days of Summer: Teen Wolf Showrunner Jeff Davis Talks Season 4
- 'House Of Cards' Can't Film At UN After Russia Refusal, Diplomats Say
- Jeremy Renner Supports San Francisco 49ers During NFL Offseason!
- Wynter Gordon's The Righteous Young Releases Dreamy Music Video for 'Everything Burns' - Watch Now!
- Louis Zamperini Dead - Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' Subject Dies at 97
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Step Out Together for First Time! (Photos)