Casey Affleck to Play Angel Gabriel in Legendary's 'Paradise Lost'
Feature film adaptation of John Milton's epic poem also stars Bradley Cooper and Djimon Hounsou.
Casey Affleck is in negotiations to star as the angel Gabriel in Paradise Lost, Legendary Pictures’ action-heavy adaptation of the John Milton’s epic poem
Alex Proyas is directing the movie, which focuses on the Lucifer rebelling against God, causing a war to break out between angels and demons. Bradley Cooper is set as Lucifer, while Ben Walker is portraying Seraphic Angel Michael. Also in the cast is Djimon Hounsou.
Gabriel, an angel with six wings, was created by God to serve as His messenger and initially to work alongside Michael for Lucifer. He and Michael team up to fight Lucifer.
Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing along with Vincent Newman.
The movie is eyeing a shoot in Sydney, Australia in January 2012.
Affleck, repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment, appears in Universal’s Ben Stiller comedy Tower Heist. He last appeared in The Killer Inside Me.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR