AFM 2012: Roger Avary to Bring Video Game 'Castle Wolfenstein' to the Big Screen
The "Pulp Fiction" scribe will write and direct the action-adventure film for Panorama Media and producer Samuel Hadida.
Roger Avary is bringing the video game Castle Wolfenstein to the big screen for Panorama Media and producer Samuel Hadida.
Avary will write and direct the action-adventure film, which centers on a young U.S. Army captain and a British special agent on a top-secret mission to Castle Wolfenstein, where Hitler will be for the unveiling of a new secret weapon. After reaching the Castle, the heroes are confronted with Himmler's SS Paranormal Division and must fight, not only for their survival, but for a mission that could alter the course of the war.
Hadida will produce through his Davis Films Prods., Panorama’s Marc Butan and Kimberly Fox are handling global sales at the American Film Market. Talks with U.S. distributors are also underway.
“With Roger at the helm, we expect everyone will join us for a wild and fun cinematic ride that will grab contemporary film audiences with the same irreverent, hip, over-the-top approach that Roger brought to Pulp Fiction and the other films he has either written or directed," Hadida said. "It is a big action adventure but also strongly character driven and based on a very solid story.”
Added Fox, "We have known Samuel for years as a distributor and as a producer who knows the pulse of the marketplace, from his productions of True Romance through the Resident Evil pictures, and including Roger’s Killing Zoe and Rules of Attraction. Both Samuel and Roger bring a really fun sensibility to the screen, and Wolfenstein gives them the perfect opportunity.”
Avary says he has been playing the Wolfenstein games since childhood and feels that "their outlandish sensibility has deeply influenced my own writing and directing throughout my career."
Castle Wolfenstein was an early stealth-based action-adventure shooter arcade game developed by Muse Software for the Apple II. It was first released in 1981.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!