CBS Films Picks Up Sci-Fi Script 'Omega Point' (Exclusive)
Sidney Sherman ("Lonely Hearts") is on board to produce.
CBS Films has optioned Omega Point, a sci-fi spec script from newcomer Cameron Alexander.
Sidney Sherman, a co-producer on the 2006 John Travolta thriller Lonely Hearts, is on board to produce via his Rosa Entertainment banner.
The story centers on a young man who comes across a mysterious crash site in the woods where he discovers and befriends a god-like artificial intelligence agent desperate to escape earth.
Execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project for CBS Films.
Omega is the first sale for the 25-year-old Alexander, a budding music video director (one of the videos under his belt is Cry Wolf from Kristinia DeBarge, the daughter of '80s pop singer James DeBarge). Alexander eventually wants to direct what he writes, but for now, he knows that writing is the way to make the inroads.
He is repped by Resolution, Rosa Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive