CBS Films Picks Up Sci-Fi Script 'Omega Point' (Exclusive)
Sidney Sherman ("Lonely Hearts") is on board to produce.
CBS Films has optioned Omega Point, a sci-fi spec script from newcomer Cameron Alexander.
Sidney Sherman, a co-producer on the 2006 John Travolta thriller Lonely Hearts, is on board to produce via his Rosa Entertainment banner.
The story centers on a young man who comes across a mysterious crash site in the woods where he discovers and befriends a god-like artificial intelligence agent desperate to escape earth.
Execs Mark Ross and Alex Ginno are overseeing the project for CBS Films.
Omega is the first sale for the 25-year-old Alexander, a budding music video director (one of the videos under his belt is Cry Wolf from Kristinia DeBarge, the daughter of '80s pop singer James DeBarge). Alexander eventually wants to direct what he writes, but for now, he knows that writing is the way to make the inroads.
He is repped by Resolution, Rosa Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10