'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: 'It's Her.' 'Good. Kill Her.' (Video)
Channing Tatum is a killing machine with pointed ears and Mila Kunis a wide-eyed innocent with a great destiny in the first trailer for next year's sci-fi thriller.
It sounds like some kind of movie math problem: "[Mila Kunis + Channing Tatum] x The Wachowskis = ?" The answer, of course, is Jupiter Ascending, next year's science fiction movie from the creators of The Matrix and directors of Cloud Atlas -- although, judging from the newly released first trailer, the answer "something that looks completely awesome" would also be accepted.
In the film, slated for release next summer, Kunis plays Jupiter Jones, a janitor whose DNA could include the secret to the future of the universe, with Tatum's Caine described as a genetically engineered former soldier who introduces her to the great destiny that might await her.
Also appearing in Jupiter Ascending, which was written and directed by Lana and Andy Wachowski, are Sean Bean, Tuppence Middleton and -- in what's been called a "small but vital part" -- Terry Gilliam. Michael Giacchino composed the score for the film.
Jupiter Ascending will be released by Warner Bros. on July 25, 2014.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR