Charlie Hunnam Lands Lead Role in Guillermo del Toro's 'Pacific Rim'
The "Sons of Anarchy" star is in negotiations to star in Legendary's monster movie.
Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim has found its leading man.
Charlie Hunnam, the British actor who is one of the stars of FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is in negotiations to be the human lead in Legendary Pictures’ monster movie.
Pacific Rim, as the project is known, is the movie del Toro decided to focus on when his long-gestating adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness fell apart over budgetary issues and rating.
Rim is a monster movie that sees powerful extraterrestrial aliens threaten the Earth's existence, attacking cities and nations neighboring the Pacific Ocean. To meet the threat head-on, humanity develops giant robots to fight them off.
The movie is influenced by mecha, the Japanese genre involving humans piloting robotic constructs.
The details of the role is being kept secret although online details describe the character as a pilot of one of the mechas that needs to climb back into the driver’s chair.
Hunnam is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack