Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in 'Machete' Sequel
Director Robert Rodriguez made the announcement Thursday via Twitter.
Charlie Sheen is in negotiations to play the U.S. president in Machete Kills, director Robert Rodriguez’s sequel to his Grindhouse action movie Machete.
Rodriguez made the announcement Thursday on Twitter, where he wrote, “I just cast Charlie Sheen in
#machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon…” Sheen retweeted that message, and a representative for the actor confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that negotiations are taking place.
Rodriguez is currently in production on the sequel, which once again stars Danny Trejo as Machete and includes Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara and Zoe Saldana.
Sheen's father, Martin Sheen, famously played the President in NBC's The West Wing.
The new story sees Machete being called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.
The broadly-written part initially called for the president to be African-American and have a basketball court on the White House lawn but has since been rewritten.
Sheen, repped by manager Mark Burg and attorney Jake Bloom, next stars in FX's comedy series Anger Management, which bows June 28.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)