Charlize Theron Nearing Deal to Star in Seth MacFarlane's 'Million Ways to Die' (Exclusive)
MacFarlane co-wrote and is directing and starring in what is being described as a "Blazing Saddles"-style comedy.
Charlize Theron is in final negotiations to star opposite Seth MacFarlane in A Million Ways to Die in the West, the filmmaker's follow-up feature to his hit Ted.
MRC is behind the movie and Scott Stuber is producing with MacFarlane.
A Million Ways, which MacFarlane is starring in, directing and co-writing, is a Blazing Saddles-style comedy that follows a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leave him.
When he meets the wife of a notorious outlaw who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer at first sees a chance to win back his love but slowly falls for the woman. Complications ensue when the outlaw returns and reclaims his woman.
A May production start is being eyed, according to sources.
Theron last starred in Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman. She is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson. MacFarlane is set to host the Oscars on Feb. 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR