Charlize Theron Nearing Deal to Star in Seth MacFarlane's 'Million Ways to Die' (Exclusive)
MacFarlane co-wrote and is directing and starring in what is being described as a "Blazing Saddles"-style comedy.
Charlize Theron is in final negotiations to star opposite Seth MacFarlane in A Million Ways to Die in the West, the filmmaker's follow-up feature to his hit Ted.
MRC is behind the movie and Scott Stuber is producing with MacFarlane.
A Million Ways, which MacFarlane is starring in, directing and co-writing, is a Blazing Saddles-style comedy that follows a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leave him.
When he meets the wife of a notorious outlaw who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer at first sees a chance to win back his love but slowly falls for the woman. Complications ensue when the outlaw returns and reclaims his woman.
A May production start is being eyed, according to sources.
Theron last starred in Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman. She is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson. MacFarlane is set to host the Oscars on Feb. 24.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'