Chewbacca Actor's Lightsaber Cane Causes TSA Trouble
Peter Mayhew detailed an incident where he said security initially wouldn't allow him to take his "Star Wars"-style cane through the airport.
The TSA appears to have met its match in a certain iconic Wookiee.
Peter Mayhew, the actor who portrayed Chewbacca in the Star Wars films, apparently took issue with airport security after they spotted his lightsaber-styled cane. Mayhew documented his frustration -- and vindication -- on Twitter, writing that TSA "won't allow me through the airport with me cane!"
He posted multiple photos of the incident last Monday, in which TSA officers appear with the cane as Mayhew waits. "Though after I tweeted they gave it back," the actor, who has over 22,000 followers on Twitter, wrote.
"In Dallas. Thank you to @AmericanAir for checking on me. Problem was all @TSA. I'm a million-miler on American and they are a class act," Mayhew wrote.
The actor also retweeted an astronomer who noted the sage advice of Han Solo in tough situations: TSA "Just learned Star Wars lesson #1: 'Let the Wookie[e] Win.'"
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project