Chewbacca Actor's Lightsaber Cane Causes TSA Trouble
Peter Mayhew detailed an incident where he said security initially wouldn't allow him to take his "Star Wars"-style cane through the airport.
The TSA appears to have met its match in a certain iconic Wookiee.
Peter Mayhew, the actor who portrayed Chewbacca in the Star Wars films, apparently took issue with airport security after they spotted his lightsaber-styled cane. Mayhew documented his frustration -- and vindication -- on Twitter, writing that TSA "won't allow me through the airport with me cane!"
He posted multiple photos of the incident last Monday, in which TSA officers appear with the cane as Mayhew waits. "Though after I tweeted they gave it back," the actor, who has over 22,000 followers on Twitter, wrote.
"In Dallas. Thank you to @AmericanAir for checking on me. Problem was all @TSA. I'm a million-miler on American and they are a class act," Mayhew wrote.
The actor also retweeted an astronomer who noted the sage advice of Han Solo in tough situations: TSA "Just learned Star Wars lesson #1: 'Let the Wookie[e] Win.'"
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014