Chewbacca Actor's Lightsaber Cane Causes TSA Trouble
Peter Mayhew detailed an incident where he said security initially wouldn't allow him to take his "Star Wars"-style cane through the airport.
The TSA appears to have met its match in a certain iconic Wookiee.
Peter Mayhew, the actor who portrayed Chewbacca in the Star Wars films, apparently took issue with airport security after they spotted his lightsaber-styled cane. Mayhew documented his frustration -- and vindication -- on Twitter, writing that TSA "won't allow me through the airport with me cane!"
He posted multiple photos of the incident last Monday, in which TSA officers appear with the cane as Mayhew waits. "Though after I tweeted they gave it back," the actor, who has over 22,000 followers on Twitter, wrote.
"In Dallas. Thank you to @AmericanAir for checking on me. Problem was all @TSA. I'm a million-miler on American and they are a class act," Mayhew wrote.
The actor also retweeted an astronomer who noted the sage advice of Han Solo in tough situations: TSA "Just learned Star Wars lesson #1: 'Let the Wookie[e] Win.'"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws